INTRODUCTION:[su_button url=”https://uyotowncoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/INDOOR-LECTURE-FOR-OCTOBER-2017.docx” background=”#be630a” size=”2″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: arrow-circle-down” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”1px 2px 1px #000000″]Download[/su_button]
- Family and Christian Family
- Children and Conflicts of Children with Possible Solutions
- Extended Family Members and Conflicts of Extended Family Members with Possible Solutions
Family and Types
- The Complete Nuclear Family – Scripturally accepted; husband, wife, children and/or without other house members. Formation of Complete Nuclear Family
- The Single – Parent Nuclear Family
- By unmarried man or woman, with their biological Children. Children came by fornication and adultery. Not scripturally accepted.
- By a divorced partner from a broken home; not scripturally accepted
(c) By widows/widowers: Scripturally accepted as fatherless child family and motherless-child family. Need assistance from fellow Christians (James 1:27).
Dangers of single-parent-family and Divorce parents family.
- Safe Sex Education is scripturally abstinence until married. 6:13, 1 Cor. 6:15, Col. 3:5.
- Divorce is scripturally sinful to the one who caused it. Putting asunder is breaking a marriage, either by the partners or someone outside, separation may be accepted to quell anger and sort things out, then come back to live together peacefully.
- CO-HABITAL OR LIVE-IN FAMILY – Living together by unmarried partners; is not scripturally accepted and is sinful. There are dangers of such sinful family.
- The Care-Giving Family (Adopted child family) – accepted as we are also adopted spiritual children of Abraham Eph. 1:5
(a) By married couples who cannot have their own children.
(b) By those with insufficient number of children.
(c) By single persons who could not be married for one reason or the other (there ones are known to abuse the child or children).
A CHRISTIAN FAMILY
One which members are truly Christians in the Church of Christ.
Question: Can I marry a denomination partner and become a member of his/her church?
FACTS AND FACTOR 1:
Answer: Consideration of the Church:
- Is it a Church of Christ?
Is it named after Christ? Yes or No: owned by; leaded by; brought by; married to Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28; Eph. 5:23; Rev. 21:9, Acts 4:12
FACTOR 2: DOES THE CHURCH USE THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST ONLY? (Matt. 16:18).
(a) Is the church built (assembled) on the rock/foundation (doctrine) provided by the builder (Christ). Isa. 28:16 – Matt. 7:24-29.
(b) The used of His doctrine is wise and is with Christ – Christ provided Christian with the doctrine. Rom. 9:31-33, 1 Pet. 2:6-8.
(c) Apostles were mere labourers using the rock/foundation prepared by Christ to establish (build) Churches of Christ. They were authorized by Christ by qualification of receiving the baptism of Fire (Gift of the Holy Spirit) 1Cor. 3:9-12, Eph. 2:20, Jude 3.
(d) All doctrine from Christ only – Matt. 28:19-20.
FACTOR 3: WHAT IS THE NATURE OF WORSHIP IN THE CHURCH?
- Worship is not carnal again – Heb. 8:10
- Originating place – Jerusalem – 50 days after Pentecost.
- Uses spiritual items only
- The bible contents only
- Songs of the song book
- Water for baptism
- Unleavened bread and non-alcoholic wine for remembering thebenefits of His death – not the date; time He died, but what he did and what it stands for.
- Uses first day of the week to gather worship. The day is not a Sabbath, not holy or unholy. We are to be holy, to use the day, not to honour or worship the day; to use it for worshipping God.
- David foretold the day Psa. 118:19-26; fulfilled from Lev. 23:15-22.
- Do not use idols – Cross, holy water, holy oil, flag, uniform, pictures/images.
- Is not denominational in organization – 1 Cor. 12:28; Eph. 4:11-12. Is not carnally minded – Rom. 8:6-7.
- Final proof oi>
- Final proof of Church of Christ that produces members as Christian families – the church obeys Christ and not Moses, David, Malachu, again they faulted hence annulment and change of method to spiritual methods – Heb. 7:18-19; Heb. 8:7-8.
Consequences of Spiritual Adultery – 2 Pet. 2:18-22; Col. 2:12-23
Introduction for Peace
Rom. 12: 18
1 Pet. 3: 10 – 12
1 Pet. 3: 13
(Fence – sitters)
Matt. 11: 15 – 19
Acts 10: 38
Matt. 5: 16; 44 – 45
1 Pet. 3: 13
The Parasites/Needy Ones
Matt. 5: 36 – 37; 41
The symbiotic Ones
Matt. 5: 38 – 41
Lazy and Wicked Ones
Matt. 10: 6
1 John 5: 16 – 17
Matt. 5: 22 – 25
Conflict of Fate
James 5: 13
James 5: 14 – 15; 17 – 18
Conversion Duty to Relatives
James 5: 19 – 20
Matt. 28: 19 – 20
UYO TOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST, 20 PAUL BASSEY STREET, UYO
SUNDAY SCHOOL PRESENTED BY BRO. A. T. NKANGUDEH