Text: Prov. 5: 21
Prov. 5:21 – Our God sees everything we do, wherever we go He is watching us. It is comforting to know that God is watching us wherever we go and whatever we do, we know and are at peace that God is concerned to watch all the little details in our lives. He never forsakes us or even His eyes wander away from us.
He is watching us for several reasons.
- He is watching us whether we do good or evil (Prov. 15:3). The Lord sees what happens everywhere whether good or evil.
- He is watching us so He can give strength to those who are loyal to him (2 Chron. 16:9). The Lord is always ready to help us out of difficult situations.
- God can see every step we take (Job 31: 4). He does these to every person in the world the same time. And He knows the numbers of steps you take to arrive at a particular destination even before you take them.
- God knows exactly what we are doing right now (Psalms 11:4). The Lord looks down from Heaven and sees all of us human (Psalms 33: 13).
The results in different things for different people, to those who are right with God, it is very comfortable, before we do anything, God already knows it, to those who are not right in the sight of God, it is a fearful thing that God knows all the foul and wicked things we do; (I Samuel 28:8, example of Saul – and the witch).
- God know the intents and purposes of our heart (Psalm 17:3; Prov. 4:23).
- There is nothing that can be hidden from God (Psalm 39:12; Heb. 4:12 – 13).
My dear brothers and sisters, ask yourself ‘where do I fit in here?’
- Un-repented liar (John 8:44; Colo. 3:9)
- Prostitution (Physical and Spiritual) (Prov. 23: 27 – 28; Prov. 9:13; 1 Cor. 6:15 – 16)
- Idol worshiping (Exo. 20; 1-7, Act 17:11)
- Wickedness (in Offices, Business Places, Marital Home) (Prov. 6;12 – 19)
- Chronic backbiting, etc. (James 3:6 – 8)
Since we know that nothing is hidden under sun, and that God knows our hearts and He is watching every step we make why don’t we repent of sinful lives and turn whole heartedly to the Lord for He is faithful and just to forgive us (1 John 1:9), otherwise our sins whether openly or secretly will surely find us out (Number 32:23).
May God help us to know that He is watching us always, so that we can think well and do good things always in Jesus name – Amen
UYO TOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST, 20 PAUL BASSEY STREET, UYO
SERMON PRESENTED BY BRO. (Dr.) USEN AKPAN