This admonition comes while the events of the Old and New Year activities are still fresh in our memories. It is of truth and plain truth the staying is the commandment of God Almighty.
Salt is good:
But if the salt have it saltiness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another – Mk. 9:50.
BENEFITS WE HAVE WHEN WE STAY IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER:
- Blessed are the peacemaker: for they shall be called the children of God – Matt. 5:9.
- Neither can they die anymore: for they are equal to the angels, are the children of God, being the children of resurrection. Lk. 20:36.
- Joy to the counselors of peace. Prov. 12: 20B.
- When ones heart is pure he can be peaceful and this will enhance his live to God. Matt. 5:8.
LOSSES SUFFERED FOR NON STAYING IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER
- Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see God. Heb. 12:14.
- Separation from God – If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. Psa.66:18.
- Staying in peace with all men is a product of a clear and a pure conscience which produces unity in the Church and the society. Christ came into the world because of peace. Christ is ready to help you – 2Cor. 5:17-19.
Let staying in peace with others be one of resolution that you have made this year and try to implement it as soon as possible because Christ Death is coming any time.
Go now don’t delay.
Thank you and God bless all of us in Jesus name – Amen.
SERMON BY BRO E. A.U. EKONG (MIN.)