[su_button url=”https://uyotowncoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/INDOOR-LECTURE-BECOMING-AN-INSTRUMENT-OF-PEACE.pdf” background=”#be630a” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: arrow-circle-down” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”1px 2px 1px #000000″]Download[/su_button]
The road to success is not straight.
- There is curve called FAILURE,
- Loop called CONFUSION,
- Speed bumps called FRIENDS,
- Red lights called ENERMIES,
- Caution lights called FAMILY.
- You will have flats tyres called JOBS.
But, if you have:
- Spare wheel called DETERMINATION,
- Engine called PERSEVERANCE,
- Insurance called FAITH,
- Driver called JESUS,
- You will make it to a place called SUCCESS.
- Then, if you keep and continue in this path, you have PEACE.
The question is, HOW DO YOU BECOME AN INSTRUMENT OF PEACE IN 2018?
At the end of this lesson you should:-
- Learn and know how a Christian can Become an Instrument of Peace in 2018
- Understand the attributes that make a Christian Instrument of Peace in the worldwide community of Christians and non-Christians starting here in Akwa Ibom State.
Definition of terms
- Becoming: Instrument:
- 1) Beginning to be 1) Tool
- 2) Growing to be 2) Agent
- 3) Changing to be 3) Means
- 4) Coming into being 4) Implement
- 5) Altering to Peace:
- 6) Assuming form of 1) Harmony
- 7) Be converting to 2) Agreement
- 8) Being transformed into 3) Calm
- 9) Developing into
- 10) Evolving into
Who does the topic refer to?
Choose the correct answer(s)
- I or Me or May be me
- You or may be You
- Us or may be US
- Some of US
- All of US
- The CHURCH
- The FAMILY-Husband, Wife & Child
- Those concerned
- It doesn’t matter who
PEACE: Body of the lesson
Christ came to lay down PEACE towards MEN.
- And suddenly there was with the angle a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” Luke 2:13-14
- To give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace (Luke 1:79)
- To set a Kingdom of God that is not of meat and drink but of righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Rom 14:17, Gal 1:3), and
- To bring out spiritual fruit (Gal 5:22-23; 2 Thess 3.16)
Key Attributes: Christian(s) Becoming Instrument of Peace
- The Four key attributes:-
- Hard work
- Love of God
KNOWLEDGE: one of “The Seven Spirits (Attributes) of God”
- (Luke 11:13) THE SEVEN SPIRITS: Six Spirits (Attributes) are identified in the Old Testament. The Seventh Attribute, the Spirit of Truth was made manifest after Jesus came to earth and then returned to Heaven.
- Isa 11:2; v2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
- John 15:26; v26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me
Gospel: Instrument of Peace
The Gospel: the Gospel was given to us as an instrument of Peace—that is to reconcile people to God. 2 Cor 5:18-20; Eph 2:16; Eph 3:7
- The primary work of all Christians is to go out and preach the gospel to the world and reconcile the world to Christ. Matt 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16
- When your enemies and sinners hear the good news of the gospel of Christ and believe, then get baptized, he/she will be in peace with God and also in peace with you.
HARD WORK in Christian Life
- Hard work: A great deal of effort, endurance, diligence, commitment in rendering service in the Lord’s vineyard.
- Faith without WORKS is DEAD (James 2:17)
- Without attitudinal change, a Christian can not offer divine service and can not be an Instrument of peace
- Attitudinal Change–HOW?
- In Conversation; Phil 1:27 ..let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ
- In Conduct; 1Tim 3:12; ..husband of one wife, ruling their children and house well
- In Steadfastness; Phil 4:1; ..so stand fast in the Lord
- Enjoined in Unity; 4:2; ..be of same mind in the Lord
- Striving in Spiritual affairs; Phil 3:14; prize of high calling of God in Christ Jesus
- Be able to defend the faith; Tit 1:13; ..that they may be sound in faith
LOVE OF GOD
- “And we know that all things work together for good for them that Love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”. Romans 8:28
- If a Christian (you and I) wants to be a part of we (in above passage), as a child of God, what you must do is to:-
- LOVE GOD,
- find the purpose for which he has called you, and
- execute it
- Such Christian become an Instrument of Peace
Becoming An Instrument of Peace: Mathematics of Key Attributes
Key Attributes that matter: KNOWLEDGE,
HARDWORK, ATTITUDE and LOVE OF GOD
- A B C D E F G H I
- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- J K L M N O P Q R
- 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- S T U V W X Y Z
- 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
- Which of the attributes is most important?
- Let us prove mathematically
Mathematics of Key Attributes
- K N O W L E D G E
- 11 14 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 =96
- H A R D W O R K
- 8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98
- A T T I T U D E
- 1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100
- L O V E O F G O D
- 12 15 22 5 15 6 7 15 4 = 101
Math Result for ATTRIBUTES of Instrument of Peace
- KNOWLEDGE = 96%
- HARDWORK = 98%
- ATTITUDE = 100%
- LOVE OF GOD = 101%
- Therefore KNOWLEDGE and HARDWORK will get you close,
- ATTITUDE will get you there,
- but it is The LOVE OF GOD that will put you on TOP to Become an Instrument of God in 2018
(Husband, Wife, Children, Family, Church)
- Are you married or Single?
- Do you BEAT your wife?
- Do you argue, fight or nag your wife/spouse or friend?
HUSBANDS & WIVES, CHILDREN, FAMILY & CHURCH
AS INSTRUMENTS OF PEACE:
- But 1st see RECOMMENDED WAYS TO BEAT YOUR WIFE
- Don’t use belt, Don’t use abusive words, Don’t use blow, Don’t use kick. Such don’t happen in a place like ours. (WELL IF IT DOES, IT MUST CHANGE IN 2018).
- FOLLOWING is the way you ‘beat’ your wife. You BEAT your wife by:-
- B – BEAUTIFYING HER,
- E – ENCOURAGING HER,
- A – ASSISTING HER, and
- T – TREATING HER AS A QUEEN
RECOMMENDED WAYS TO BEAT YOUR WIFE (Cont’d)
- I know this is the way women will love their husbands to BEAT them.
- When you use belt, wire, blow, knife, slap, or any domestic violent means on your wife, you are worthy to be awarded a room at Psychiatric Hospital
- For all excellent husbands, follow that syllabus on how to beat your own Queen daily & go and do likewise.
*WISDOM FOR WIVES!*
- As a wife, your BEAUTY attracts your husband, but your WISDOM will continue to keep him!
- Your ELEGANCE catches his ATTENTION, but your INTELLIGENCE convinces him!
- NAGGING irritates your husband, but your “CONSTRUCTIVE SILENCE” weakens him!
- So, always invest the RIGHT WORDS! Earn your husband’s respect and he will consider you as the yardstick for all his actions!
- Note that WOMEN are everywhere, but REAL WIVES are scarce. Let the QUEEN in you come alive, and your husband will always hold you in a very HIGH ESTEEM!
- Do all these and you will become an Instrument of Peace in 2018 and beyond
Family/Church: Instrument of Peace
- The Church, the Body of Christ is made up of Husbands, Wives, and their Children. These are members of the Body of Christ. When they are at peace, there is peace in the family. So the family become an Instrument of Peace.
- If ALL MEMBERS OF THE BODY are Instruments of Peace or become Instruments of Peace is 2018, then the whole Body—the Church—becomes Instrument of Peace.
- Non-members’ views and perceptions of the Church of Christ would change for the better because they would notice the change in Attitude of members of the Church and More non-members would be converted to Christ
- Eph 5:30-33 and Eph 6:1-4 summarizes the Husband/Wife, Christ/Church and Parents/Children relationship.
Word of Advice
- “If you want to awaken all humanity, then awaken all of yourself, if you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation”-Lao Tzu
- Transform yourself through Knowledge, Hard Work, Attitudinal change and Love of God so that you BECOME INSTRUMENT OF PEACE IN 2018 AND BEYOND
- In this presentation, we have discussed how a Christian as a person; husband, wife and children as family and the Church can Become Instrument of Peace
- The attributes that make a Christian Instrument of Peace in the worldwide community of Christians and non-Christians has also been discussed.
- The ball is now in your court to practise what you have learned.
- The story of THE RICH AND THE POOR BOY
- Where there is hatred, let me show love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is doubt, faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- Where there is sadness, joy
- Lord, make me an instrument of peace in 2018 in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen
UYO TOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST, 20 PAUL BASSEY STREET, UYO
INDOOR LECTURE PRESENTED BY BRO. UMANAETTE UDOH