In both physical and spiritual realms into positions of responsibilities, they are not chosen for nothing but for positions of service, honour and self-discipline.
Many or some of us do not know that God had elected us into His different office of service and that we are all honourable to God. As elect to any political offices, one is eligible to represent even the president, the governor, the minister or anyone in a higher position.
What Benefit(s) Accrue to the Elect?
- They are compared with Christ – Isa. 42: 1 – God puts His spirit on us as He did to Christ
- Called a name of honour – Isa. 45: 4 (Gen. 32: 22 – 30; Isa. 62: 1 – 2; Acts 11: 26)
- Will inherit the mountain of the Lord
- Days of agony shortened – Matt. 24: 22; Zech. 14: 2 – 3 (The destruction of Jerusalem)
- If we are elect of God He will avenge our enemies no matter how long your enemy torments you – Luke 18: 7
- None will put charge on you – Rom. 8: 38
The Signs of the Elect of God
- As the Elect of God we must possess these qualities as found in the Scriptures – Col. 3: 12 – 14
- Individual as elect of God – 2Tim. 2: 10
- Church as elect of God – Church at Babylon – 1 Pet. 5: 1 – 13
We are very grateful to our Almighty God and father for His loving kindness towards all of us to keep us alive to see the third week of this year, and has made it possible to come together to worship Him. Let Him continue to lead us in His spirit as we sojourn on this earth and to help us to do only His will. We have been reminded of who we are, the qualities we suppose to carry about, the position we are before God and man
Do not forget to shine and have salt in you always.
Thank you and stay blessed in Jesus Name – Amen
UYO TOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST, 20 PAUL BASSEY STREET, UYO
SERMON PRESENTED BY E.A.U. EKONG(MIN)
ON 15TH JANUARY, 2017