[su_button url=”https://uyotowncoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/INDOOR-LECTURE-FOR-MAY-2018-PRESENTED-BY-BRO.-G.-G.-EKONGELDER.pdf” background=”#be630a” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: arrow-circle-down” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”1px 2px 1px #000000″]Download[/su_button]
In March Indoor Lecture I taught on Evangelism, the need and duty of the Church. We had seen why Evangelism is needed by the Church, the Apostles accepted evangelism in order to spread the Gospel.
In this lesson, our goals include:
- Event management
- The joy of evangelism
- Expand the frontiers of the Church
Evangelism is a call to duty by Christians. There are over 50 ways we can share our faith with others.
Let us consider these big questions
- Why bother
- Who does it
- Where do I begin
- Who is set there
- How will people react
- Family: husband, wife, your small child, your old child, mother, brothers, sisters, grandparents, in-laws, etc
- At work
- Acquaintances and strangers
- Radio, Television, Social Media, Letter, Text messages
Bible Correspondence Course
In the history of the Church of Christ in Nigeria, IkotUsen and C. A. O. Essien would ever be remembered.
The Church came to Nigeria by correspondence through the effort of C. O. Essien shortly after the Second World War, 1945 – 48. Let’s look at the pictures.
- Christ promised to be with us always – Matt. 28: 18 – 20
- Joy to talk to someone about the gospel – just as politics, football, teaching,etc
- Evangelism helps keep the Gospel central in our homes and Churches. Col. 1: 5 – 6, 1 Cor. 15: 1 – 3, Phil. 1: 6
- Evangelism deepens our understanding of the most fundamental truths of the scripture
- Properly motivated evangelism grows our LOVE for God and neighbours.
- Evangelism prompts unexpected questions and objections from non-Christians which can deepen our faith.
- Evangelism should be natural and formal. Jesus told His Apostles in the Great Commission “make disciples”…teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Matt. 28: 19). As we make disciples, let’s be set to model and teach them all that He commanded – including the great joy and blessing of a life of evangelism.
UYO TOWN CHURCH OF CHRIST, 20 PAUL BASSEY STREET, UYO.
INDOOR LECTURE FOR MAY, 2018
PRESENTED BY BRO. G. G. EKONG (ELDER)